Light of Christ is a Catholic Elementary and Junior High School that serves the communities of Saddle Ridge and Savanna in North East Calgary. A large portion of our population of Kindergarten to grade nine students are English Language Learners (ELL). We provide a varied instructional program preparing students to perform at the best of their abilities. We strive to foster a desire in our students to be life-long learners.
We are a Catholic Community of Caring school; we continually work to build respect. Security and safety is of utmost importance. Part of this work includes assisting students to become responsible citizens by teaching values based on sound Catholic education. Many of our activities center on building awareness of our own community and other members in our world who need assistance.
We have an excellent, dedicated, and experienced staff. Highlights our school offers are:
- Teaching of Catholic values and traditions
- Morning and afternoon Kindergarten
- Diverse Learning support
- English Language Learners program
- Portable laptop and Chromebook computer labs
- Extensive Learning Commons Library
- Exciting Fine Arts programs including Music and Drama
- Division I and II French as a Second Language
- Daily Physical Education classes
- Home reading programs
- Student Leadership
- Comprehensive School Health
- Junior High Choir option
- Sports Teams
- Recycling program
- Technology and Literacy focus
Light of Christ School continues to accept registrations for all Catholic students from K-9 living in the Saddle Ridge and Savanna neighbourhoods of North East Calgary.
Light of Christ hosts a half-day Kindergarten program – both morning and afternoon classes. Depending on total kindergarten enrollment, parents are given their choice based on a first come, first served basis. To register in kindergarten for September, children must turn four years old on or before March 1st of the enrollment year.
- You are the Light, O Lord, our Father and our Light.
- We are your people, children of the light.
- Bless us, O Lord, and send your Spirit upon us.
- It is through your love,
- that you give us your light.
- May we bring your light
- to one another.
- Help us, O Jesus,
- to make Light of Christ Catholic School
- a source of light,
- a place of sharing,
- a place of caring,
- and a school where our love for you
- and our love for one another
- will help us every day.